[SEL] The austral has landed

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sat Sep 30 12:14:10 PDT 2006

Great photos Patrick.  Thanks for posting them again as I remember you
showing these to us after the R-T Rally.  You are peaking my interest in
trying to get one of these.  I have a question for you, why do some of
the trucks (steel wheeled carts they are on) have cast iron wheels and
others have flat steel spokes?  Is there some significance for them to
be one way or the other?  On the one that Dave got, it has the flat
steel spokes.  On your engine it has the cast iron wheels.  From looking
at the SN's, it looks like the difference doesn't correspond to the
dates of manufacture.  Thanks!

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY