[SEL] Re: The Austral Has Landed!

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Sep 29 10:57:39 PDT 2006

At 06:00 PM 29/09/2006, you wrote:
>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:17:03 -0400
>From: Dave Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net>
>Subject: [SEL] The Austral Has Landed!
>Hi All,
>         Some of you may remember that I left Wed. (Sept. 20th) for KA in
> order to
>pick up an 11 HP Austral engine from Rob and Kelley. (See:
>http://engines.rustyiron.com/austral/ronaldsontippettaustral.jpg) I got
>home with the engine this afternoon. In all it was a 5,375 mile trip! It
>was fun, and as a bonus I got to see Reg, in addition to Kelley and Rob!
>Rob was correct when he said that the engine was easy to start and ran like
>a top--we had it running at 68-70 RPM's most of the morning on Sunday!
>Tomorrow I'll see if I remember what Rob and Kelley taught me re: starting
>the engine! Jake Faith will be here on Saturday to see my new toy and Arnie
>will be over on Sunday so that we can "play engine" then. It's good to be
>home and to have the Austral in my drive.
>         Dave
>PS, Pictures soon
>PPS, Life is GOOD!

Congrats Dave,
         Great looking engine - my little Ronnie N would fit quite nicely
inside the water tank :-)

         I wish you much pleasure from it.

         Good that you got back safely - now Arnie does not need to hold
that auction !!

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---