[SEL] The Austral Has Landed!

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Fri Sep 29 09:00:11 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Dave Rotigel
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 5:17 PM
To: The SEL email discussion list
Subject: [SEL] The Austral Has Landed!

Hi All,
	Some of you may remember that I left Wed. (Sept. 20th) for KA in
order to
pick up an 11 HP Austral engine from Rob and Kelley. (See:
http://engines.rustyiron.com/austral/ronaldsontippettaustral.jpg) I got
home with the engine this afternoon. In all it was a 5,375 mile trip! It
was fun, and as a bonus I got to see Reg, in addition to Kelley and Rob!
Rob was correct when he said that the engine was easy to start and ran like
a top--we had it running at 68-70 RPM's most of the morning on Sunday!
Tomorrow I'll see if I remember what Rob and Kelley taught me re: starting
the engine! Jake Faith will be here on Saturday to see my new toy and Arnie
will be over on Sunday so that we can "play engine" then. It's good to be
home and to have the Austral in my drive.
	Dave
PS, Pictures soon
PPS, Life is GOOD!

~~~~~~~~

Color me green... with jealousy.  ;-)

That's a mighty fine looking piece of iron, Dave.  Good for you!

You've got it right:  Life is good.

Best regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger