[SEL] Gib Key Removal

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Wed Oct 25 20:41:21 PDT 2006

Hi Paul,
  Make one, Its a simple tool to make.  A piece of 3/8" or similar
thickness flat steel a hack saw and a grinder or file and you should have
one shaped out in less time then you've spent looking for the old tool. Or
as Tommy said a gradual taper chisel or a LARGE flat blade screw driver and
a piece of metal to take up the spare space.

                                        Good Luck,   Mark

At 10:11 PM 10/25/06, you wrote:
>Ok Gang I know that we have covered this subject a hundred times, maybe
>101 times but let's do it again for the "Gipper".
>
>I had a nice original Gib Key Removal Tool but when you let your 17 year
>old grandson out in your shop with his friends tools tend to disappear and
>now I cannot find the tool. I have spent the last two hours looking for it
>and no luck. I do not want to drill this gib key out until I have
>exhausted all other options. The other side gib key came right out with
>the Gib Key Tool when I removed it last year to get the flywheel off to
>get some parts to sent to Curt Andree that he needed to reproduce for his
>engine. Right now I still have a good Gib Key in the flywheel and my mind
>is blank for ideas. Here is the gib key as of a few minutes ago.
>http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/StoverRebuild114.jpg
>
>The crankshaft diameter is 2".
>
>Thanks in advance for the help.
>
>Paul

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 10 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
Saturday 9 AM to 10 PM at cell #419.516.2996 If you have Verizon Cell Phone
you may call the cell number during the weekday hours. No Sunday calls if
possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark