[SEL] Canandaigua Pageant of Steam, Steam in NY

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sun Oct 22 08:22:06 PDT 2006

Funny Jim..we can't get a post on the steam list so thot I'd jump in here.

  Friend Corky and I are now torn between steam and IC engines.  We have yet
to fire up our small boiler, do run the vertical Wachs on air, but did get a
week this summer on a small "coke bottle" steam engine which ran a shingle
mill...needless to say...We are hooked bad.  There is so much to learn!!

  There is a Corliss style not far from here that ran a refrigeration
compressor at the Great Falls Brewery..commonly called "Great Falls
Shellac."...actually "Select"  <vbg>  They had a week to get it out and did
it.  Now at the show grounds in Choteau, Mt.,, it is partially assembled on
concrete, but heard the babbitt is broken in one main.  I plan on going up
there next year and scope it out.

Well enuf fer now.
RickinMt.

PS: Are they stuck on TDC on the steam list? :-)