[SEL] Anyone Ever Used Phosphoric Acid to DeRust

Rupert Wenig rwenig at telus.net
Fri Nov 10 16:26:09 PST 2006

Thanks. The mixture I tried was about 3 parts molasses to one part
water. Mold grew on it in short order. Will try it again but at the
proper mixture this time.
	I'm experimenting with condensate collected from an energy efficient
boiler. This water is supposed to be acidic. It appears promising but
it's too soon to tell yet how well it works. What I know at this time is
the water turns brown and crud collects at the bottom of the pail. My
test iron sample was through a fire. Have some cast iron in the water
now that didn't get so hot.

Rupert