[SEL] RE: SIAM Classic Iron

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu May 25 07:21:29 PDT 2006

Andy Glines wrote:

>  I'm not quite sure what you are looking for.  We may have some cedar
> logs for the sawmill.  You could saw up the slabs from the cedar logs
> or any other slabs for that matter.

Andy,
What I have traditionally done is cut up small cedar trees of 6 to 8" in
diameter. I cut these wafers about a 1/2" thick. The purple heart and
great smell of cedar is found neat by most spectators. Generally as fast
as I can cut these the spectators are taking them home with them.
Eventually I would like to make a Cotton Ginning Days logo brand that
could be burned into the wafers. I think your blacksmith already has
done this with a SIAM brand.
Curt