[SEL] powdercoating engine parts? On Topic

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu May 4 08:20:12 PDT 2006

Spent 12 years in a powder/liquid spray shop. Did LOT's of different
items. Engines are a bit of a problem because of the heat they generate.
If a powder cures at 400 degrees that is also the temperature it will
get soft at. Also it will start to burn and char at temperatures closer
to 500-600 degrees.  Now on the crankcases it shouldn't be a problem but
don't get it on the fins since it will hold in heat and could cause
damage to the engine.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York