[SEL] powdercoating engine parts? On Topic

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Thu May 4 05:37:26 PDT 2006

I got a good used powdercoating setup, and have a good used oven in the
garage.
Was going to use it for a few car parts - like suspension part and so on,
then got to thinking, what about the small engines, like the Maytag, B&S,
etc - anyone ever powdercoated any engines or parts?
I could do anything that would fit into a standard 30" oven (of course
they aren't 30" on the INSIDE!)

Smaller flywheels are a good example, or fuel tanks because gas doesn't
seem to be hard on the powder like it is many paints.

Has anyone else used powdercoating, what are their thought or opinions,
and specifically how it might relate to our toys - specifically, engines.

Bill
Runnells, IA