[SEL] Babbitt bearings poured on the Alamo/Tod Works Foundry.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue May 2 09:21:49 PDT 2006

Rick Rowlands wrote:

> How is the piston machining going?  Is the big piston going to have
> enough stock to finish up?

Rick,
You had to know I couldn't wait to get home and start making chips with
this brand new casting!. Saturday morning I headed over to Tommy's and
set the casting up in his big old Russian lathe's 4 jaw chuck and
indicated in under the ring area. Then machined the OD, flipped around,
did the crown, cut the ring grooves, and cut the steps. Here is the
finished part except for the wrist pin lube hole, and wrist pin set
screw holes (did these last night).
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/AlamoPistonPattern/P1010074.JPG
and
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/AlamoPistonPattern/P1010075.JPG
As you can see it cleaned up well and your casting integrity is great
with no inclusion within. Pretty important with critical parts like
pistons and cylinders!
So folks, gather up your needed parts and lets cover Rick up with orders!
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC