[SEL] Rex's Baker monitor now has a Baker Pump Oh Yea !

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 19:54:24 PDT 2006

Rex,
Your engine should be painted red. It is tough to find a Little Monitor
that should be painted red, but you did it. You need the ball muffler (not
the later bell muffler) and there was never a guard over the gears or a
tin disc on the end of the crankshaft. Both of those safety items came
later. Also, anyone who tells you the tin disc is a water hopper lid is
full of crap.
You got that engine from Orvie Schraeder, didnja? Good job, he usually
won't sell.
Joe

--- Rex Hinz <rex002 at centurytel.net> wrote:

> Howdy all ;
>
>    Today was a great day , I found a Baker windmill Water pump  for my
> baker , It was almost in my back yard it belonged to my oldest Brother
> Tom some 4 miles from my house , He was asking way too much for it $30 ,
> well I told him they are going for $20 on Ebay and I would give him $10
> and he went away happy ???? Just kidding , he really only wanted $30 but
> I traded him a 2 HP Cushman (the orange Farm Master)  even up and I
> still feel guilty But Hey its only My Brother , anyway nowt to clean it
> up and mount it and get it pumping water  .
>    Any one know the right colors for a 1915 baker ? and what about the
> pump color ,can anyone  Help Me ?   Please !
>
> Rex Hinz

Joe Prindle
Baraboo, WI USA