[SEL] Rex's Baker monitor now has a Baker Pump Oh Yea !

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu Jun 29 07:44:35 PDT 2006

Joe,
Please tell us more about red pear hoppered Baker Monitors! Any ball
hoppered Monitors I've seen in red and so far any pear hoppered Monitors
I've only seen in grey. I just called sleepy teen Devin and went thru
the s/n list with him asking him to look for any clues about when there
was a color change on the pear hoppered engines. He didn't find a note
about it.
Have you narrowed down a year or s/n at which there was a color change?

Interesting about the tin on the end of the crankshaft. Ours is afixed
to the flywheel and that is where it has stayed since the restoration.
But what you say makes perfect sense now that I think about it. If one
was to use it as a hopper cover, the condensation would run along the
inside and drip on the _outside_ of the hopper. The condensate would not
run back in the hopper. Pretty keen sleuthing there Joe!

Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC

Joe Prindle wrote:

>Rex,
>Your engine should be painted red. It is tough to find a Little Monitor
>that should be painted red, but you did it. You need the ball muffler (not
>the later bell muffler) and there was never a guard over the gears or a
>tin disc on the end of the crankshaft. Both of those safety items came
>later. Also, anyone who tells you the tin disc is a water hopper lid is
>full of crap.
>You got that engine from Orvie Schraeder, didnja? Good job, he usually
>won't sell.
>Joe
>
>--- Rex Hinz <rex002 at centurytel.net> wrote:
>

>>Howdy all ;
>>
>>   Today was a great day , I found a Baker windmill Water pump  for my
>>baker , It was almost in my back yard it belonged to my oldest Brother
>>Tom some 4 miles from my house , He was asking way too much for it $30 ,
>>well I told him they are going for $20 on Ebay and I would give him $10
>>and he went away happy ???? Just kidding , he really only wanted $30 but
>>I traded him a 2 HP Cushman (the orange Farm Master)  even up and I
>>still feel guilty But Hey its only My Brother , anyway nowt to clean it
>>up and mount it and get it pumping water  .
>>   Any one know the right colors for a 1915 baker ? and what about the
>>pump color ,can anyone  Help Me ?   Please !
>>
>>Rex Hinz
>>

>Joe Prindle
>Baraboo, WI USA

--------------050900040705080207020502

<head>
</head>
Joe,<br>
Please tell us more about red pear hoppered Baker Monitors! Any ball
hoppered Monitors I've seen in red and so far any pear hoppered
Monitors I've only seen in grey. I just called sleepy teen Devin and
went thru the s/n list with him asking him to look for any clues about
when there was a color change on the pear hoppered engines. He didn't
find a note about it. <br>
Have you narrowed down a year or s/n at which there was a color change?
Interesting about the tin on the end of the crankshaft. Ours is afixed
to the flywheel and that is where it has stayed since the restoration.
But what you say makes perfect sense now that I think about it. If one
was to use it as a hopper cover, the condensation would run along the
inside and drip on the <u>outside</u> of the hopper. The condensate
would not run back in the hopper. Pretty keen sleuthing there Joe!<br>
Curt Holland<br>
Gastonia, NC<br>
Joe Prindle wrote:
 cite="mid20060629025424.24966.qmail at web31505.mail.mud.yahoo.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Rex,
Your engine should be painted red. It is tough to find a Little Monitor
that should be painted red, but you did it. You need the ball muffler (not
the later bell muffler) and there was never a guard over the gears or a
tin disc on the end of the crankshaft. Both of those safety items came
later. Also, anyone who tells you the tin disc is a water hopper lid is
full of crap.
You got that engine from Orvie Schraeder, didnja? Good job, he usually
won't sell.
Joe

--- Rex Hinz <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:rex002 at centurytel.net"><rex002 at centurytel.net></a> wrote:

  </pre>