[SEL] The online event calendar is back on my site Steam & Engine of Australia

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Fri Jun 2 06:37:27 PDT 2006

Some of you may remember the horrible flaky event calendar that was hosted on my site Steam & Engine of Australia which
would periodically drop all the events people had entered.

To cut a long story short, I got sick of the software available and wrote my own  from scratch in 'c' (ok, so I'm old
school - I *like* writing my own code :).

You can reach it here:
http://www.steamengine.com.au/cgi-bin/calendar?db=events

If you get a message about the calendar being offline when using the menu - refresh your browser and try again - lots of
  browsers seem to cache the sites java based menu for ever!

The help link won't give you anything useful right now because I've not written it yet.

Please don't use the calendar for things like your clubs workdays or regular running days - this is for special events.

btw. Thanks heaps to the beta testers who put up with my dodgy code and tested the product to help make it "safe" for
the general populace. Thanks also to the couple of very persistent guys who simply would not take "no" for an answer and
pushed me into making the product easier to use.

Regards
Paul

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia