[SEL] From a newsgroup: ...cranking

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Wed Jan 25 15:41:43 PST 2006

OK you old timers.......cranking . The natural urge is to wrap your whole
hand around the crank handle,i.e. the thumb on one side and the remaining
fingers [ I still have four] on the otherside. When it kicks ,it puts that
thumb in danger . Cranking with all four fingers and thumb on one side of
the handle just does not feel as comfortable...........your thoughts?