[SEL] Tod Engine Works Foundry

Dave Otto dotto at velocitus.net
Mon Jan 9 20:45:46 PST 2006

That's good news Rick; I may need to talk to you about casting a piston.

And for Curt, didn't you used to have some pictures of making a piston
pattern on your web site??

I blasted the piston for my Falk the other day and found a 360deg. Crack on
the piston crown. Honest I didn't do it! The engine was not stuck when I got
it. As for the previous owner I can't say.

My original plan was to hone the bore clean and round, have the piston
sprayed and a new set of rings made. Now after finding the crack I wondering
if it would be better to just start with a new casting?

Dave

Dave Otto
Boise, Idaho
USA
dotto at velocitus.net

Subject: [SEL] Tod Engine Works Foundry

The Tod Engine Works foundry is almost ready to begin operations.  Since I
started setting it up on the day before Thanksgiving of last year, I am
suprised to find that almost everything that I need I already have onhand. A

testament to my pack rat skills!