[SEL] Tod Engine Works Foundry

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Mon Jan 9 17:11:10 PST 2006

The Tod Engine Works foundry is almost ready to begin operations.  Since I
started setting it up on the day before Thanksgiving of last year, I am
suprised to find that almost everything that I need I already have onhand. A
testament to my pack rat skills!

The only thing really holding me up is the electric service.  The
electrician promises to have his part done by the end of this week, then its
up to Penn Power to string the new wires and the inspector to approve the
installation.  I'm getting quite impatient as this is really holding me up
on everything else.

The control unit for the furnace is in place and wired in. I've set up a
temporary cooling system until I can find a cooling tower to place outside.
The furnace itself still needs to be assembled but before I grout the coil
and install the new crucible I want to be sure the coil is correct for the
voltage and frequency I will be using.

I've purchased a sand muller which needs rebuilt.  However a customer is
letting me use a small muller of his until mine is ready to go, so mixing
sand isn't a problem.  I may be getting a small shotblaster for cleaning
finished castings but that may not be for a few months. I already have
enough orders for engine parts for several heats of grey iron.

So for everyone wanting castings I'm working on it!

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Works
Makers of Quality iron, steel, ductile iron
and nonferrous castings
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-728-2799