[SEL] Walk Behind Garden Tractor/Doug Tallman

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 04:17:31 PST 2006

Hi Doug,

I saw your response about the Fairbanks engine and thought I'd drop you a
line. I happened to see a walk behind garden tractor at a scrap yard this
past Saturday. I forget the name, but I think it was made in Wisconsin. The
engine on the front of it had a tag that said 'B'B at the top. Do you (or
someone else) know who would have made the engine? It was direct coupled to
the transmission. Someone cut off the wheels and welded on rims with rubber
tires. The handles were fabricated and didn't look original. Engine wouldn't
turn over by hand. Had the cultivators still attached. I would have brought
it home but already had the pickup truck full of goodies. I plan on going
back to get it in the next couple weeks if time allows.  By the way I had 3
rear ends from David Bradley walk behinds, a nice pulley, a complete pump
jack with one broken arm, an Eismann mag for parts, a huge single cylinder
head for a gas engine, a very nice wood burning stove, and a bunch of wood
to cut up on the buzz rig. The truck was squatting pretty good for the ride
home.

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA