[SEL] Walk Behind Garden Tractor/Doug Tallman

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Tue Feb 28 18:09:48 PST 2006

>  I happened to see a walk behind garden tractor at a scrap yard this past
> Saturday. I forget the name, but I think it was made in Wisconsin. The
> engine on the front of it had a tag that said 'B'B at the top. Do you (or
> someone else) know who would have made the engine?

Luke, it is probably a "Busy Bee" engine made by Gladden Products. They
made them in a vertical cyl and horizontal cyl models. They were a short
lived engine manufactured shortly after WWII. They do show up on tractors
every now and then. Seems llike I've heard of some of the later Red-Es
using the B-B engine. Page may have used them as well since they were
related. They are located in Wisconsin. Roth industies used them on
tractors also and they were made in Alma MI. I have both models of the B-B
but I need a gas tank for my horizontal cyl model if anyone has a spare. I
know what you mean about the treasure hunts. I've had to resist the urge to
go scrap yard shopping. I'm out of room!

                                                  Doug Tallman
                                           dtallman at accnorwalk.com
                                      VGTCOA Ohio Regional Director
                                               Greenwich, OH USA