[SEL] Webpage updated/and how about a vote

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu Feb 16 12:16:51 PST 2006

Jerry,
I bet a solid red arrow with some text on an angle that says "We are
here" would be just as good.

I like your graphics with the pulleys and belt. Don't know what program
you used but there is quite an effort to making something like that.
Looks like you made a series of 3 graphics and looped them together. You
can add more graphics with the spokes rotating at different speeds and
maybe set the ratios like you want.

I tried an annimated graphic years ago of a running Jaeger, my first
engine. As I recall I did 4 or 6 frames, carefully rotating the spokes
and getting the conn rod in the right place each increment. Even put
some exhaust smoke puffing out. After all that work, I put it together
with an animator, and would you believe it the damned flywheels were
turning the wrong way! I sequenced it right, but the combination of
frames and the amount I rotated each frame gives the appearance of
turning the opposite direction the graphics are actually running. At
that point I was sick and tired of the effort and filed it. I found it
on the server a few minutes ago and put it on my website. Maybe you'll
get a kick out of seeing a backward running Jaeger :-)
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Jaeger/Jaeger.gif>

Keep up the great work and graphics on you site. We're enjoy it.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC USA