[SEL] Re: Alamo piston pattern update

Dave Otto dotto at velocitus.net
Tue Feb 14 19:46:52 PST 2006

Hi Curt

Thanks for the gate and riser tutorial; A couple more questions, the part
called the sprue down button is located on the cope side of parting board,
correct? What is its purpose? Will this be opened up to create the opening
to pour into?

>The riser on the cope side is 1 3/4" diameter at the parting board.

Don't you mean drag side? The cope side is 5" or am I missing something
here?

I'm still waiting to find out what size to make the parting board? What size
did you settle on?

I will let you know how the pattern splitting operation works out. I'm going
to wait until I'm ready to mount it on the board to lessen the chance of
warping or splitting of the wood. It is nice and dry but you never know.

The Alamo is a way cool engine; it looks like a heavy beast for the
horsepower. The vertical flyball governor is also a nice feature. Do you
have all the parts or will there be more pattern making and casting work?

Regards,

Dave

Dave Otto
Boise, Id