[SEL] O.T.: In-ground auto hoist (could be used for lifting engines)

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 7 10:11:26 PST 2006

Hi...
As most of you know my brother and I get to play with all sorts of neat
toys at the Mt. Wilson Observatory including a 50 hp. 1911 Fairbanks Morse
type RE, hundred year old big telescopes, etc.  Our most recent project has
been refurbishing a 1930's pneumo/hydraulic in-ground automobile hoist to
make it usable again.  You can see some pictures of the project at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/autohoist/
You might be interested in the system we devised to remove the old oil.

Knowing the varied background of the list members I'm hoping someone can
help us find a source of slide-on accessories (new or old) such as
swing-out arms to support modern cars, etc.  I have done Google searches,
etc. and so far haven't found anything appropriate.

Regards,

Larry Evans
Arcadia, Southern California, USA
MailTo:LFEVANS at pacbell.net