[SEL] Help request for a winter project

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Mon Dec 4 08:46:10 PST 2006

In a message dated 12/4/2006 11:11:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
MBellar at aol.com writes:

<< I wonder if the List members would care to  describe their experiences in
this
 endeavor  >>

Tom,

Your sleeve is small compared to a lot of engines that are sleeved and
therefore should not be too expensive.  However before doing this, I would get the
cylinder measured by a good machinist to see how much it is worn.  After that I
would first look at having the cylinder machined true, and the piston
sprayed, machined to fit the new bore, and new rings made.  This repair should be
cheaper than having it sleeved, truing up the piston to fit and then rings.
There should be lots of good machine shops in your area to have this work done.

Good luck,

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com