[SEL] Atkinson Engine / camless technology

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Sat Aug 5 20:53:29 PDT 2006

Yep. Ford (International) has been looking into a camless version of
their Power Stroke diesels for the last few years. With the miseries
that I experienced (overall 'puter problems) with the SAAB (GMC) a
couple of years ago, I hate to think of the possibilities of serious
down time!

- Steve

--
Steve Gray
Member EDGE & TA, Br. 13 & 27
e-mail:   segray at mlode.com
Home page:   http://www.oldengineshed.com

R & M Ingold wrote:

> <snip>

One of the new design ideas that I think has possibilities is the
camless engine where the valves are worked by solenoids and the timing
is computer controlled. Instant change with working conditions.