[SEL] Atkinson Engine

R & M Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Sat Aug 5 19:15:14 PDT 2006

The Atkinson is a very efficient engine. The linkages were the weakness.
Modern technology should have this taken care of.
Interesting to see what this develops to.
However, I just looked at those specs and it refers to valve timing so I
have doubts.
Also, the engine pic leads me to doubt if it is a true Atkinson cycle.
One of the new design ideas that I think has possibilities is the camless
engine where the valves are worked by solenoids and the timing is computer
controlled. Instant change with working conditions.
 But, like all complex stuff, ok till it breaks down!! <G>
Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold