[SEL] cable plowing now Furnace Power

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 19:44:37 PDT 2006

Curt,

I ran my induction furnace today.  kinda felt bad adding that additional 75
KW of load to the system but bills must be paid.  Three heats in four hours
is a new record for me.  I have a lawn sprinkler under the cooling unit.
When the water temp gets above 108 degrees I turn it on for a few minutes
and the water temp drops back down to about 98 degrees and slowly climbs up
over about 20 minutes or so.

Does it take 8 hours to get the metal in the channel furnaces back up to
pouring temperature?

Rick