[SEL] Nice Wheels/ cable plowing

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Aug 1 10:16:18 PDT 2006

Ya know Arnie, I've wondered if this was the case even with much less
expensive gas engines. Take a 8 or 10 HP saw rig. That's 4 or 5000
pounds of iron to pay for. In a few of days you can saw a winter's worth
of wood. I could see where a group of farmers would have bought one and
used horses to pull it from one farm to the other in a cooperative
arrangement.

Knowing the size of the team of men required to run and support a steam
traction engine, I suspect you are spot on about the cooperative effort.
Curt
P.S. I'm outta here in an hour of so. Duke Power just shut us down due
to excessive power consumption. We've got 30 minutes to get below a
kw-hr consumption rate and this means shutting the plant down and
putting the furnaces on generator for the next 6 hours or so, 'till the
household A/C usage subsides a little. Second or third shift will have
the pleasure of starting the casting lines back up. That's about an 8
hour process. Later.....