[SEL] Fairbanks Morse ZD Head Repair Information Needed

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 07:26:11 PDT 2005

Orrin & Curt,
Thanks for the information on using JB Weld in the combustion  chamber.  If
JB Weld doesn't work, I can always try something else.
I have fixed a couple of head where corrosion has taken place near  the water
ports.  One of the heads had corroded a 5/8" hole through the  water jacket.
After cleaning the area inside and outside of this  hole,  I used JB Weld to
hold a piece of metal in place behind the  hole.  Then I filled the opening
with JB Weld and filed the outside to  match the original contour.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA