[SEL] Fairbanks Morse ZD Head Repair Information Needed

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Sun Sep 25 05:27:01 PDT 2005

I know of several successful JB-Weld repairs in the combustion chamber.  My
son repaired the pits in the cylinder of a 3 h.p. F-M and it has held up
just fine for years.  He's even run it on kerosene.

A well respected tractor mechanic in our area repaired the wrist pin gouge
with JB-Weld in a Rumely Oil Pull he restored.  It is holding up just fine.

I've also read stories in GEM about similar combustion chamber repairs.

Regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA