[SEL] semi - ot lock washer questions for engineers

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 06:31:55 PDT 2005

On 9/24/05, Germoamer at aol.com <Germoamer at aol.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 9/24/2005 12:43:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time

> However, I will have to agree with Curt that the
> rounded surface of the nut makes for easier/neater contact on the tapered channel
> iron legs.
>
> Tom Schmutz

Tom:

Don't you use tapered washers for that kind of work?  We call them
girder or RSJ washers here, they are usually cast steel, square in
shape and have a taper to match the standard girder or RSJ tapers.
Sometimes one end is semi-circular (the thickest end) and the inner
end is square.

Got some downstairs in the workshop if you want a pic.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com