[SEL] IHC cart wheels

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed Sep 14 06:11:31 PDT 2005

Tommy,
I've seen several IHC trucks as you describe. What year is yours? It
would be fairly safe to assume this was the transition year.

The zig zag hubs had to be a significant cost savings for IHC. The old
knobby style hubs had to be difficult to set up to pour with the sand
pattern boxes, and cores, and different widths. I believe the zig zag
style was done with a simple 2 piece steel die, which firmly gripped the
spokes, and slipped together like fingers.
Curt