[SEL] Le Roi engine info

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Sep 10 23:11:11 PDT 2005

Hi All,
	Recently Larry Evans posted re his Le Roi engine and Luke Tonnenberger
also has one.

	I have come across a Le Roi that I may buy if I can find out a bit more
about it. Have spent about 2 hours with Google and only saw 1 pic of a
similar engine and it was described as a "flathead".

	The one I have found has the following on the specplate (which is quite
indistinct and I looked at it in a dark room so could not read everything)
	VRP1
	1/2  27/8
	238408

	It is a 2 cyl. vertical and has a fan for a radiator (no radiator) and in
the pics the timing cover is removed (but it and all the other parts are
there in a box). It also has a 4 cyl. "American Bosch" magneto which I
think must have been added sometime (although the one I found on Richard
strobeWebshots (
---