[SEL] Le Roi engine info

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 14:57:00 PDT 2005

Very exciting topic here, Jerry.
Just today I bought a four cylinder flat head Le Roi.
The guy forgot to bring the radiator to the sawp meet, but I will get it next time I see him.
Mine came with the wrong mag so I am of no help there.
I was just getting ready to go Google mine when your message came in.
I sure would like to know what this baby powered originally.

I sure would like to see the pictures of the engine you are looking at.  The fan on mine looks cobbled.
This engine I just bought is a lot different than Luke's.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan   U. S. of A.

Jerry Evans <jerrye at databak.co.za> wrote:
Hi All,
Recently Larry Evans posted re his Le Roi engine and Luke Tonnenberger
also has one.

I have come across a Le Roi that I may buy if I can find out a bit more
about it. Have spent about 2 hours with Google and only saw 1 pic of a
similar engine and it was described as a "flathead".

The one I have found has the following on the specplate (which is quite
indistinct and I looked at it in a dark room so could not read everything)
VRP1
1/2 27/8
238408

It is a 2 cyl. vertical and has a fan for a radiator (no radiator) and in
the pics the timing cover is removed (but it and all the other parts are
there in a box). It also has a 4 cyl. "American Bosch" magneto which I
think must have been added sometime (although the one I found on Richard
strobeWebshots (
---