[SEL] Le Roi engine info

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sun Sep 11 12:40:34 PDT 2005

Hi Jerry;
  To some people that like the not so common engines, I think the Le Roi
fits the bill.  Le Roi was bought out by Waukesha in the 50's, I
believe,,,,,,, and all records were destroyed..so I'm led to believe.
Supposedly Le Roi in French means "The King."  I've seen it spelt LeRoi and
Le Roi and common sense would lead to believe the latter.

   Some literature is available from the vendors if you have their catalogs
i.e. HitnMiss lists about half a dozen.

 Mine is stuck big time and has been soaking for over 2 years now...guess
one of these days I should go take a look at it.  Mine showed evidence of
concrete on the framework so assume a concrete mixer and I also looked at
one that also drove a mixer.

  I've always thot that Le Roi info should be compiled into one Website but
hasn't happened yet.

  I also have a 4 cylinder OHV that has a starter and runs pretty good.

  That's about all I can help with..don't have any ideas on the numbers on
your plate.

Take Care,
RickinMt.