[SEL] Portland Postscripts

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:25:08 PDT 2005

On 9/2/05, Curt <curt at imc-group.com> wrote:
> Arnie,
> That's mighty nice of you to commit Dave's truck and trailer for next
> year to help Peter out ;-)
>
> Orrrr, does this mean you have finally resigned to getting a truck to
> haul Bessie? :-)
>
> Actually I think I heard Peter to say he was going to drive van,
> trailer, and engine onto a ship, port at NY, and drive to Portland. So
> you and/or Dave might be off the hook now.
> Curt
> P.S. But you still need a truck!

Ro-Ro is easier than you might think, and about 7 days shipping time,
less with the wind in the right direction.

We saw 1000km/H on the way back home, flying a 777 that was the
fastest indicated groundspeed I have seen on a regular flight, must
have been some tailwind!

Of all the options, the nicest would be the tour of the shows one year
with an engine and with an RV, but we need the readies first....

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com