[SEL] Charity auctions

Carl Carlsen kd7bfn at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 23 12:55:57 PDT 2005

>From: Spencer Yost

>>20% - Red Cross Ear marked for Hurricane relief(contrary
>>to what you occasionally hear on these lists, the Red Cross
>> has a stellar financial performance)
>
>Not in my book!  They have the highest administrative expenses leaving
less
>money going directly to the poor folks who need help!  Going back a couple
>of

>Actually, false.  Here are the facts:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/search.summary/orgid/3277.htm

Well Spencer, I'm not going to get into a peeing contest with you on the list,
but what would you expect from a website which SUPPORTS the Red Cross.  There
are many others who dispute it, but damned if I'm going to spend the time doing
it now ... I've seen them before and that's good enough for me.  Think as you
wish .. it's a free country.

I just know that I do NOT give anything which passes through the Red Cross.

Carl