[SEL] Charity auctions

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Oct 23 14:11:08 PDT 2005

>Well Spencer, I'm not going to get into a peeing contest with you on the
>list,
>but what would you expect from a website which SUPPORTS the Red Cross.
>There

While I agree we should drop it, but I do need to clear Charity Navigator's
name and correct your statement.   CharityNavigator.com is completely
independent of the Red Cross and does not favor it, or any other of the
thousands of charities it rates.  From their mission statement:

"Charity Navigator, America's premier independent
charity evaluator, works to advance a more efficient
and responsive philanthropic marketplace by
evaluating the financial health of America's largest charities."

They do NOT support the Red Cross.  They only critique the financials as
gleaned from all the organizations' tax documents.

I do respect your opinion, I appreciate you sharing your view and we'll
agree to disagree.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!