[SEL] Charity auctions

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Oct 23 11:43:20 PDT 2005

Actually, 65 people registered, all of which logged on and viewed the
polling page where they place their vote.   Only 15 of them chose to vote
though.   The voting was interrupted at the very end by the server outage,
but by then it was already a foregone conclusion that no one was taking the
voting seriously.

I did hear of a few technical problems with Firefox and the security code
not showing up, but that was(depending on who you talk too), a bug in
Mozilla (aka Firefox), libpng, or others.  This was specific to an older
version and out of my control.  Upgrading Firefox fixed it.   Older IE
sometimes rendered the image "out of focus" for lack of a better phrase
too.   This was a known gamma and transparency bug in IE and should only
affect very old versions(less than 6.0 SP 1) .

By the way, I could only restore some of the user accounts, (about 35), so
if you visit the site again you may have to re-register.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net