[SEL] Fun Saturday with old iron!

Duncan Denman canuckiron at wightman.ca
Thu Nov 17 20:09:02 PST 2005

I know what you mean. My buzz saw is anything but shiney. Looks like a
refugee from a scrap yard. Been through a variety of owners and has been
modified many times including a 3 point hitch attachment and one guy
supposedly had a motorcycle engine bolted to the top.
Works okay though and the price was right. I picked up another mandrel
and bearings from a retired farmer last year so I may build a saw rig
with an engine on it someday.  I am looking at a 6 HP Type M that a
friend has for sale so we will see.
I hate cutting limb wood with a chain saw, but I am too cheap to not use
it. I have a neighbour who turns his nose up to limbwood but heat is heat.

Duncan