[SEL] Was A real buzz - Now Match Start Engines

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Nov 14 14:48:59 PST 2005

Hi Edd,

> I thought that maybe some of you that had started your
> engines by this method may have commented on your experience.I suppose after
> being on this list for 7 years I should have known better.

Sorry mate.  Up top, match start engines are pretty damn rare beasts.  I only
know a couple of guys that own (or owned) one.  Are they more common down under
in Oz?  I only know of an early Fairbanks model that was match start.

In the George Best mode of thread change, how many different match start engines
can folks identify?

See ya,  Arnie

PS - Using a match to light the fire under a boiler or hot air engine, or the
starting lamp, or the hot tube DOES NOT count.

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com