[SEL] OT Southern Indiana Storm/Edmond Fitzgerald

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Nov 7 16:16:30 PST 2005

Actually it is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  It is just above
Paridise, MI.  There is also a lighthouse museum there as well.  I find
the area to be a very quiet and restful place.  It is a quietness that
you don't expect.

As an aside, Paridise is in the UP and Hell is down closer to Detroit.

Gary

William J Pfeiffer Sr wrote:
> Peter:
>
> Next time you are in "the colonies" you should plan a visit to
> Minnesota, there is a museum on the shore of lake Superior that is
> devoted to ship wrecks, which houses the bell from the Edmond
> Fitzgerald, very interesting place.
>
> Glad to hear all our SEL survived this nasty storm.
>
> Since my close encounter with a tornado as a child, I really have a
> healthy respect for what damage they can do very, quickly.
>
> Regards,
> Peg Pfeiffer
>

>> From: Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com>
>> To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>> Subject: Re: [SEL] Southern Indiana Storm
>> Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:45:44 +0000
>>
>> On 11/6/05, James Moran <jrmoraninc at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > TT, et. al.-
>> > When November rolls around and the "s..t hits the fan
>> > weather-wise", I am always reminded of Gordon
>> > Lightfoot's line within "Wreck of the Edmund
>> > Fitzgerald".   "....when the winds of November come
>> > slashing".  Those of us residing upon the shores of
>> > the Great Lakes know only too well the validity of
>> > that point.
>> > JM
>> >

>> One of my favourite songs, from 1975 if my memory serves me correctly?
>>
>> Peter
>> --
>> Peter A Forbes
>> Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com
>> Web: www.oldengine.org/members/diesel

In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.