[SEL] Insurance and safety rules

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Wed May 18 19:41:59 PDT 2005

I'm not up on the law - but - I've got a comment on this one.
As far as Pennsylvania Law goes - Any boiler with a pressure of over 15
lbs.
MUST be inspected and certified in Pennsylvania or it cannot be operated
in public.
I've seen several people from Ohio & W.VA bring steam to a show and not
be able to run it.
I don't THINK there is a law requiring an operator's certification.

<Steam Engines.  The mind boggles.  I'm not into steam, but my guess is
that the hassle of getting a Colorado operators license and boiler
inspection for someone from out of state, would absolutely effectively
ban
every out of state steamer.  >

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com   - - -     www.oldengine.org/members/betz
,-._,-.         "What I can do,
\/)"(\/        together we can do better."   (R.W. Arbes)
(_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz