[SEL] Roll Back Gooseneck

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri May 13 10:22:15 PDT 2005

Jim,

    Roll back is somewhat of a generic term that applies to trucks,
trailer, etc. in which the bed will "roll back" toward the rear of the
unit and then tilt.  The purpose for rolling back is to lessen the slope
of the bed when loading.  My dad used to have a straight tilt flat bed
and a roll back at his business.  I didn't mind sitting on a tractor
being loaded on the roll back as it was a gentle slope.  The straight
tilt though looked like I was climbing a mountain.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY