[SEL] cart handle design

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed May 4 07:53:30 PDT 2005

Marv,
About all I can add is to have the handle goto and stow in a vertical
position to conserve trailer and storage space. Hercules and IHC carts
are an issue because you have to remove the handle to conserve space.
When I redid the Herc sawrig I made a towbar that would allow it to be
pulled with the tractor and handled by hand. It will also pivot up and
slightly behind vertical to remain in the vertical positon to eliminate
having to remove the handle. Here are a couple of sketches of the Herc
handle made with 1" square tubing:
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/DrawingsOfGasEngineParts/HerculesCartParts/TowBarSideView.BMP>
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/DrawingsOfGasEngineParts/HerculesCartParts/TowBarTopView.BMP>
Curt Holland