[SEL] Hot tube material

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Mon May 2 23:00:38 PDT 2005

Hi George -

   Dwight Vivas just beat me to the response on this. Dwight nailed it
on the head as this hot tube is only used to start the engine, being
heated by a blow torch only until the engine is running. The tube
(pipe), Dwight, is 1/2". Mine is much shorter than it's supposed to be,
nothing more than a close nipple with a pipe cap. The previous owner
used to have occasional trouble getting the Y running, and I suspect
with such a short pipe that he couldn't get it hot enough being that
short and close to the head. Anyway, George, though not having a nice
true hot tube ignition engine  :-(  , I'm sure the true hot tubes are
longer than what I should have on this engine. My Y is also a 25 HP,
Dwight. Serial number has it at 1919.

- Steve

--
Steve Gray