[SEL] Hot tube material

Vivas1993 at aol.com Vivas1993 at aol.com
Mon May 2 16:18:44 PDT 2005

Hi folks,
 The hot tube in a FM Y engine is quite a bit different than the tubes used
in oil field engines. I have a 25 FM Y, and the tube isn't any more than about
2 1/2" long, and I think it's either 1/2" or 3/4" pipe thread, if my memory is
working correctly.
 The tube is heated with a blow lamp, and after the engine is started the
lamp is taken away. There should be enough heat in the combustion chamber to keep
the engine running on kero. or diesel fuel without the use of the lamp.
 I'm not sure of the material the tube is made of, but it looks like a type
of nickel or stainless steel.

 Dwight Vivas
 Matoaca, VA.