[SEL] Honda oil plug OT

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 21:57:24 PST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:16:48 EST, Germoamer at aol.com <Germoamer at aol.com> wrote:
> Here is a question for all you automotive mechanics out there.
>
> I own a 1993 Honda Accord we bought new, now has 160,000 miles, been >serviced only by the local Honda dealer with approximately 4000 miles between oil
> changes.  So, that is 40 times the oil plug has been screwed in and out.  We >now use the car as a spare and only drive once in a while.

That seems an awfully short period between oil changes, Tom. Our old
Isuzu diesel van used to have 4000 mile changes, about once a month,
but most other things we have had since are 12,000 miles or 20,000
miles between changes, and they are diesels. If yours is a petrol
engine then I would have expected a much longer period than 4000
miles. Is that in the service book?

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes