[SEL] Petter Gib Key Update - Need Help!!!

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Wed Mar 30 13:35:02 PST 2005

Hi Paul,

When you first asked this question, Curt Holland gave you the design of a
drill fixture that would slip over the shaft and allow you to accurately
drill the key to collapse it for easy removal.  You chose to ignore that
advice and instead tried a whole series of other "solutions", none of
which have worked.

Lets try again.  MAKE CURT'S FIXTURE AND DRILL THE DAMN KEY.

If you don't have the capability of making the fixture yourself, ask the
list; maybe there is someone who would make it for you.  Worst case?
Spend a hundred dollars and have your friendly local machine shop make one
for you.

Otherwise, I can see you coming back to the list once a week asking for
help that you'll just ignore until you reduce the engine to a pile of
broken scrap.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Paul Maples wrote:

> Ok gang I have went from bad to worse on trying to remove the gib key
> from the little Petter Engine. Since I have no machining capabilities
> these are the things I have tried:
<snip>