[SEL] O.T. Need Computer Help - Not Me

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Wed Mar 30 07:04:39 PST 2005

I'm shocked - I have yet to see a CD that XP didn't recognize. Cd's are so
basic, and there are actually semi-universal drivers that XP uses if an
exact model can't be determined.
This will be interesting!

You want AT LEAST 256K RAM for XP, 512K is better, 1 gig is best.

If you wanna dump XP, you'll probably need to reformat the drive and start
over with a clean OS install.
Windows ME is the worst Windows since Windows 3.0 or Win95.
It's prone to crashes and flakiness.
I'd run Win98 before I'd run ME.

Bill