[SEL] Need Help with 1-1/2 HP Petter

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu Mar 24 07:31:05 PST 2005

Paul,
It is a little hard to see the picture details, but since you have no
keyway to guide with perhaps another guide could be fabricated. It looks
like you have about an 1-1/2 of shaft sticking out. You could take a
piece of round stock maybe 4" long and bore it down the length for a
tight slip fit over the exposed shaft. From the end mill a slot the
width of your gib key and as deep as the key protrudes from the hub.
Then drill your guide hole down the length of the round stock, the
correct distance off centerline such that it will meet centerline of the
gib key. Keep in mind the .010/inch taper so that when you get in deep
in the gib key you are not breaking into the flywheel taper.
Curt