[SEL] "Free wheel, Locked wheel"

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 17:52:15 PST 2005

Right you are Rick,

Plus you can have the belt on the loose pulley for engine starting.

I have a very nice old power hacksaw.
It was built to be powered by an overhead line shaft.
You flip a lever to move the belt from the loose pulley onto the locked one. The saw starts
cutting.  When the saw cuts through,,, the frame hits a lever that moves a rod that comes around
and moves the belt back onto the loose wheel.

And here I thought that switch was such a handy thing on my electric metal cutting band saw.  They
HAD to put that switch there to make it do what the old timers did mechanically. 8>))

Alan Bowen